Online LearningOnline Learning - Introduction to Subsea Engineering
Subsea UK, in conjunction with Robert Gordon University Aberdeen (RGU), has developed an online programme of four modules to support the development of people joining the Subsea sector.
Our recently updated course has improved learning and assessment methods, updated course material with industry developments and practices.
The course has four modules and is delivered online, via the RGU University's Virtual Learning Environment, CampusMoodle
Module 1 – Introduction to the Oil and Gas Industry
• Formation of Oil and Gas
• Exploration and Worldwide Production
• History of the North Sea
• Offshore Extraction and Processing
• Transportation and Downstream Processing
• Current Legislation Applicable in the UKCS
Module 2 – Introduction to Oil and Gas Engineering
• Subsurface Engineering
• Drilling and Well Engineering
• Operating Facilities
• Operational Aspects
Module 3 – Introduction to the Subsea Industry
• Subsea Industry
• An Example of Subsea Development
• Future Development for the Industry
Module 4 – Introduction to Subsea Engineering
• Subsea Completions
• Subsea Control Systems
• Flow Assurance
• Pipeline Fundamentals
• Installation of Equipment
• Subsea Production Umbilicals and Power Cables
• Risers and Topsides
• Current and Developing Systems
For more information and to enroll, click the button below.
IPD - If you are planning to apply for registration this course may help provide you with evidence towards meeting some of the UK SPEC IMechE competence requirements.
CPD - This course can contribute to your CPD and ongoing IMechE reflective learning.